The Speakers’ ARENA Privacy and Cookies Policy
(TSA) This policy applies to any online and mobile site, application and digital service (“Services”) of The Speakers’ ARENA and its Affiliates which displays the policy. We use “TSA”, “we”, “us” and “our” to refer to The Speakers’ ARENA and to your personal data as “Information”. You can also learn about cookies and similar technology in this policy.
- We use Information to allow you to use the Services.
- If you give us permission, we will send you updates and news about our Services. You can change your mind about this at any time and ask us not to process your Information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing. This policy explains when we process Information, for our legitimate interests. You can ask us to stop processing this Information at any time following your rights and exercising them.
- We provide interactive features that engage with social media sites, such as Facebook, IG and Twitter. If you use these features, these sites could send us Information about you. Learn more about this.
- We process your Information within Germany and have measures in place to protect Information that we collect, store and transfer. Learn more.
- We disclose Information when you agree that we can share Information with media and other TSA Partners. We also share Information with third parties we engage to process Information on our behalf or when such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations. Learn more.
I. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Information for the following purposes:
1. To fulfil an agreement, or take steps prior to entry into an agreement:
(a) to process your registration for the Services, or entry to an event;
(b) to provide the Services, to communicate with you about the event or your account with us;
(c) to send you information about changes to our terms or policies; and
(d) to verify your identity.
2. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests:
These interests are:
(a) to fulfil your requests and inquiries regarding the Services and to notify you if you have been selected for an event;
(b) to provide technical support for Services;
(c) to analyse how you use the Services, including which videos you like to watch, and to help us develop new services; and
3. Where you give us consent:
(a) to send you newsletters you have requested and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened; and
(b) to send you content, offers, rewards, and promotional materials, by email or on other sites, apps or social media, which may be personalized based on your visits to and use of the Services and to check to see if these ads have been received and if they were of interest to you.
4. For purposes which are required by law;
(a) in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
II. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
From You. We receive Information that you provide to us directly, such as registration Information, and Information that is collected automatically, such as Information collected from your browser or device.
2. From Third Parties. We also receive some Information about you from third parties.
When you engage with our content through social media, or other non-TSA, sites or applications, those sites will share Information with us:
a) about the content you have viewed or interacted with, your game performance and high scores, and about adverts within the content which you have been shown or clicked on; and
b) in your profile — for example, your name, e-mail address, gender, birthday, location, user ID, photos and videos, your list of friends or connections, people you follow and/or who follow you, or your posts or “likes”.
The privacy policies for these sites and applications will contain more detail about this and how to change your privacy settings on those sites and applications.
III. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We share your Information:
1. With service providers we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. For example, to: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer support services; (d) conduct or support marketing; (e) fulfil orders; (f) handle payments; (g) host Services; (h) administer contests; and (i) maintain databases;
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request;
4. If we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets in future;
5. With your consent, we can share Information with other organisations so they can market their products and services to you. We share Information with:
TSA PARTNERs – A list is on the section PARTNERS of our website; and
Advertising networks and platforms, magazine publishers, database, retailers, participatory databases and non-profit organisations.
IV. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
We use tracking technologies for the following purposes:
To let you login, to ensure site security and to provide shopping cart functionality. Without this type of technology, our Services won’t work properly or won’t be able to provide certain features and functionalities.
To analyse how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors visit most often, in order to provide a better user experience. We also use this technology to check if you have opened our emails, so we can see if they are being delivered correctly and are of interest.
To remember choices you have made — such as language or region.
To limit the number of times you see an advertisement, or to customize advertising across Services and make it more relevant to you and to allow us to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and track whether ads have been properly displayed.
Cookies are used by social media services to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. These cookies may track your browser across other sites and build a profile of your interests, which may impact the content and messages you see on other websites that you visit.
If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers also tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to delete old cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
You can also visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on how to manage and remove cookies across a number of different internet browsers. You also have the option to change your cookie preferences and withdraw your consent at any time using the
. This Privacy Preference Center also provides more detail about the third parties which place cookies on our site.
We also use Flash cookies to provide some content such as video clips or animation. You can manage Flash cookies via Adobe’s website.
If you are using our Services via an application, the operating system for your device provides instructions on how to prevent tailored advertising and how to reset your device’s advertising identifier.
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
1. International Transfer
We operate globally, so we need to transfer your Information internationally. In particular, your Information will be transferred to and processed in Luxembourg where many of our central databases operate. We use European Commission approved contract clauses to protect your Information.
2. Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
3. Retention of Your Information
We keep details of users who have registered for a Service with us for as long as you use the Service and for up to 18 months afterwards.
If you make payments in connection with the Services, we keep payment data for 13 months after the date of payment.
If you contact us with support queries, we keep the data for between 3 and 18 months, depending on the nature of the query and whether you have registered with us for a Service.
Our cookies and other tracking technologies expire 13 months from the date after you give or renew consent for us to use these technologies.
Where we process Information for marketing purposes, we process the Information while you remain interested in the marketing (for example, where you open and read our offers) and for three years after that point. If you ask us to stop sending marketing we will keep your Information for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your Information indefinitely so that we can respect your request in the future.
Where we process Information for Service security purposes, we retain it for 6 months.
4. Your Rights/How to Contact Us
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your Information, to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your Information; and to obtain the Information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share this Information to another controller.
In addition, you can use a data subject request form or object to the processing of your Information in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the Information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal Information about another person, or if you ask us to delete Information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
Where you have given consent to our using your Information for marketing, you can withdraw your consent at any time. You can also ask us not to carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those emails. If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS messages, you can unsubscribe from those messages received at any time.
You also have a right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection in the country where you live, where you work, or where you consider that a breach of data protection has occurred, although we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your Information. A Data Protection Officer can be contacted with any such queries or concerns about our use of our information at the contact details listed below.
The Speakers’ ARENA
VII. UPDATES & EFFECTIVE DATE
From time to time, we may update this policy. We will notify you about material changes by either sending an email message to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on our Service. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this policy so that you know what Information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
The policy posted on this Service was done on June 20th, 2019.